Have you ever wondered what you really look like? Here are five ways to find out.
- If you're serious about it, and brave, ask a child.
- Do some serious reflecting ['let a man examine himself...' I Cor.11:28, and 'examine yourselves..." II Cor.13:5]. What is there in me that I would not admire in someone else?
- Encourage a mature friend to suggest what would make you more Christlike.
- Look into the Mirror of God's Word, taking time to carefully study your reflection.
- Ask God Himself to show you what you truly are. Invite Him to point out anything in the picture that grieves Him... anything that hurts or hinder others... anything that mars you from reflecting the beauty of God's own holiness.
Our Father paid a terrible price, that we should be "conformed to the image of His Son" (Rom.8:29). It is my privilege to desire the facts, to turn away from delusion and apathy, and to walk in the ultimate win-win of Christ in me, the hope of Glory!